A graduate in Business Management majoring in Enterprise and Innovation, Tahira knew that she wanted to pursue a career in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Her competitive nature led her to recruitment where she initially specialised in automotive procurement and engineering in a number of international market where she successfully recruited for some of the biggest car manufacturers. Tahira has joined the permanent team at CSC Recruitment to specialise in Technical and Planning roles for residential developers and some large main contractors who focus on residential schemes.
Senior Technical Manager
Senior Technical Manager
Salary: £80000 - £90000 per annum, Benefits: £6,000 Car allowance + Annual Bonus + 10% Pension + Private Healthcare
Title: Senior Technical Manager
This role has the potential to develop to a Technical Director position for the right candidate!
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Manager to join a growing team for a London based residential developer. As a business, they produce bespoke projects including new build residential developments ranging from refurbishment projects to large scale schemes of +1000 units. They currently have 6 projects live and several projects in the pipeline.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the business and hit the ground running. Opportunities for development and progression will be provided. You will be responsible for leading large scale, high rise and mixed-use developments of up to 1200 units in East London.
- Leading a team of 13 coordinators, technicians and architects
- Brief, appoint, manage and drive the external design consultants in the preparation of the production information to an agreed programme.
- Ensure all project design information is procured in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the Tender Event Schedule and Construction Programme.
- Always prepare development specifications ensuring that they are in line with budget and sales requirements.
- Ensure all drawings are fully checked and coordinated
- Prepare and monitor design development programme.
- Oversee (NHBC / Premier Guarantee) Warranty / building control applications.
- Monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the commercial department to ensure tight cost control and information produced is in line with cost plan.
- Assess, monitor & control claims for additional work outside of agreed consultant scopes and control additional fees
- Ensure that all aspects of health and safety are considered during the detailed design process.
- Chair and minute Design Team meetings.
- Attend and present a Technical Report at Production Meetings and site progress meetings
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical / construction issues as well as research and develop new design solutions and products for utilization within projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of architectural drawings to oversee the design process and manage the design team
- 6+ years' management experience within the residential sector
- Strong leadership and management skills are essential
- Previous experience managing corporate clients and act as an interface for board members and clients
- Comprehensive knowledge of building regulations, construction methods and techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of design standards
If you're interested in this opportunity, please click 'Apply Now' to send your CV to Tahira Hye
Who we are:
- Established in 2005, CSC Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of construction professionals in the Building, Fit Out and Refurbishment markets for blue-chip Main Contractors and Residential Developers. We handle a broad spectrum of roles, from technical and managerial appointments right up to board level directors.
- Freelance, Permanent and Executive Search.
- CSC Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency & Business. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Give us a call on 0207 002 7878 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time that is good for you. If you decide after our conversation that you are happy where you are, then we absolutely understand.