A graduate in Business Management majoring in Enterprise and Innovation, Tahira knew that she wanted to pursue a career in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Her competitive nature led her to recruitment where she initially specialised in automotive procurement and engineering in a number of international market where she successfully recruited for some of the biggest car manufacturers. Tahira has joined the permanent team at CSC Recruitment to specialise in Technical and Planning roles for residential developers and some large main contractors who focus on residential schemes.
Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: + Excellent package
Title: Technical Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Manager to join. My Clients have a number of projects in the pipeline which you will be working on. This role is predominantly site based so there is an element of flexibility as you will be based at the most convenient site to yourself. The project will predominantly focus on RC Frames and is coming to the end of Phase 1 therefore, Phase 2 is to start in the coming weeks. In total it is a scheme to build 1300 units in total and is a great opportunity for someone to get in through the doors early and hit the ground running.
- Brief, appoint, manage and drive the external design consultants in the preparation of the production information to an agreed programme.
- Ensure all project design information is procured in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the Tender Event Schedule and Construction Programme.
- Always prepare development specifications ensuring that they are in line with budget and sales requirements.
- Ensure all drawings are fully checked and coordinated
- Prepare and monitor design development programme.
- Oversee (NHBC / Premier Guarantee) Warranty / building control applications.
- Monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the commercial department to ensure tight cost control and information produced is in line with cost plan.
- Assess, monitor & control claims for additional work outside of agreed consultant scopes and control additional fees
- Ensure that all aspects of health and safety are considered during the detailed design process.
- Chair and minute Design Team meetings.
- Attend and present a Technical Report at Production Meetings and site progress meetings
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical / construction issues as well as research and develop new design solutions and products for utilization within projects.
- 5+ years' experience working within the residential sector in residential planning, building regulations and NHBC
- Good knowledge of building regulations, detailing and construction methods
- Must have RC Frame experience and previously worked with statutory authorities
Who we are:
- Established in 2005, CSC Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of construction professionals in the Building, Fit Out and Refurbishment markets for blue-chip Main Contractors and Residential Developers. We handle a broad spectrum of roles, from technical and managerial appointments right up to board level directors.
- Freelance, Permanent and Executive Search.
- CSC Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency & Business. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Give us a call on 0207 002 7878 or drop an email to email@example.com and we can arrange a time that is good for you. If you decide after our conversation that you are happy where you are, then we absolutely understand.