A graduate in Business Management majoring in Enterprise and Innovation, Tahira knew that she wanted to pursue a career in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Her competitive nature led her to recruitment where she initially specialised in automotive procurement and engineering in a number of international market where she successfully recruited for some of the biggest car manufacturers. Tahira has joined the permanent team at CSC Recruitment to specialise in Technical and Planning roles for residential developers and some large main contractors who focus on residential schemes.
Senior Technical Manager
Senior Technical Manager
Salary: £70000 - £85000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Package
Title: Senior Technical Manager
I am recruiting for a Technical Manager to oversee a large high end residential scheme in South East London with a reputable developer. This is a newly created role where you will be managing and overseeing the work of 2 junior coordinators.
The successful candidate will have RC Frame experience on a typical 200-300 unit scheme.
Flexible working available.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Brief, appoint, manage and drive the external design consultants in the preparation of the production information to an agreed programme.
- Ensure all project design information is produced in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the Tender Event Schedule and Construction Programme
- Prepare development specifications ensuring at all times that they are in line with budget and sale requirements
- Ensure all drawings are fully checked and coordinated and are in accordance with company standards and guidelines
- Prepare and monitor design and development programmes
- Oversee warranty / building control applications
- Ensure the production drawings are in accordance with the consented planning designs
- Monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the commercial department to ensure tight cost control and information produced is in align with cost plan
- Monitor and control professional fees and prepare monthly reports
- Oversee the preparation of brochure plans, convey plans and any other sales and marketing collateral material required.
- Ensure that all aspects of health and safety are considered during the detailed design process. Health and Safety discussed and recorded at all Design Team meetings.
- Chair and minute Design Team meetings
- Attend and present a Technical Report at Production meetings
- Attend and site progress meetings and carry out inspections as and when required
- Ensure liaison and coordination between other parties both internal and external.
- Attend subcontractor interviews, tender meetings
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical / construction issues
- Comprehensive knowledge on building regulations
- RC Frame experience on medium / large schemes within the residential sector
- 5+ years management experience
- Experience with either a developer or contractor welcome!
The responsibilities outlined above may need to be changed from time to time to ensure alignment to the given project.
Who we are:
- Established in 2005, CSC Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of construction professionals in the Building, Fit Out and Refurbishment markets for blue-chip Main Contractors and Residential Developers. We handle a broad spectrum of roles, from technical and managerial appointments right up to board level directors.
- Freelance, Permanent and Executive Search.
- CSC Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency & Business. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Give us a call on 0207 002 7878 or drop an email to email@example.com and we can arrange a time that is good for you. If you decide after our conversation that you are happy where you are, then we absolutely understand.