Aaron is from a bespoke customer service/sales background and has over 7 years of construction recruitment experience. He specialises in the residential, Commercial and public sector markets. He has extensive experience supporting Start up construction businesses right through to delivering for tier 1 contractors throughout the nation. Additionally, he supports developers within the new build social housing and private markets. He supplies a range of white-collar staff crossing multiple disciplines such as; Commercial, Technical/Design and Production. He is described as passionate, hardworking and driven. His work ethic is second to none, he cares and that is what makes him an outstanding professional.
Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £250 - £300 per day
Title: Health & Safety Manager
Our client is a medium sized main contractor that specialise within the social housing new build sector and cover education too. Their projects range from £4m - £20m and their schemes usually involved RC Frame and traditional build housing.
They are looking for a freelance Health & Safety Manager to join their team to cover circa 12 sites across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. This is a 6 month freelance contract paid via a day rate.
Responsibilities and the general overview for the role are as follows:
• To ensure the Company's Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation
• To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice to ensure they meet or exceed legislative and industry requirements, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required
• To advise the MD and senior management team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating plans to ensure compliance across the organisation
• To actively monitor and improve Safety standards and systems across the Jarvis Group
• To support managers to maintain safe systems, provide specialist advice, coaching and practical support
• To assist managers, implement health and safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) in a consistent and effective manner
• To investigate or where appropriate to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence
• Take action to mitigate the impact and likelihood of health and safety risks
• Co-ordinate the issuing of notifications where required to the HSE
• Advise on the preparation, maintenance and distribution of CDM Health and Safety files
• To attend EAC meetings when required and report on Health and Safety issues
This is an immediate start, you must be Nebosh qualified at a minimum to be considered for this role, please apply within.
Who we are:
- Established in 2005, CSC Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of construction professionals in the Building, Fit Out and Refurbishment markets for blue-chip Main Contractors and Residential Developers. We handle a broad spectrum of roles, from technical and managerial appointments right up to board level directors.
- Freelance, Permanent and Executive Search.
- CSC Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency & Business. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Give us a call on 0207 002 7878 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time that is good for you. If you decide after our conversation that you are happy where you are, then we absolutely understand.