A graduate from the College of St.Scholastica in Minnesota with a degree in Business Management and Marketing, Sam returned to the UK and set up his own sports consultancy along with moving to London to pursue a career in recruitment. Sam works in the permanent team of the London office, specialising in the recruitment of staff in the residential sector.
Assistant Construction Manager
Assistant Construction Manager
Salary: Excellent benefits package
Title: Assistant Construction Manager
Title: Assistant Construction Manager - Client side high end residential
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum plus package and excellent bonuses
Location accessible from : London, NHC & SHC
Your Future Role/Company:
ACM for London based high end residential developer - this is not your typical role as all work is out-sourced to a main contractor so you are ultimately working client side. You will be responsible for oversight and interaction with the contractor to make sure the whole project is running accordingly and within programme while managing a team of eight.. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate or Trainee Site Manager who wants to step away from the long hours and on site frustrations that comes with the industry.
They are a professional outfit which is shown through their stunning offices. Such an opportunity will also allow to you get a full understanding of the build process from Land Acquisition, feasibility, tender and through to the Customer Service aspect.
What you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Delivery of a number of developments within the business unit by working with the Principal Contractors to ensure that the strategic delivery dates are met.
- Review and understand all construction components and design details
- Review weekly progress, status report and liaise with other department managers to resolve any delays or issues identified
- Attend pre planning, pre tender and pre start meetings to ensure all necessary construction issues are addressed prior to commencement on site.
- Assist the Land Department to appraise the project buildability on Land Purchase Exercises and assist the construction managers to develop construction programmes.
- Ensure the pre start Health and Safety plan is fully developed prior to site start in accordance with Health and Safety Executive Directive.
- Monitor and report on NHBC RIs for all projects ensuring items are minimised.
You will be working in a Graduate/Trainee/Assistant capacity with minimum two years experience with either a developer, main contractor or consultancy within the residential market. Knowledge of internal snagging and high density, concrete frame, complex structures in urban environments is preferred but not an necessity. YOU MUST HAVE UK EXPERIENCE
What You Can Expect:
Circa £40,000 depending on experience. In addition, you will have access to excellent benefits and an appealing bonus structure. You will be part of a successful team where you will have the chance to learn and adapt your skills to progress your own career. This will be a challenging but successful position with chances for progression for the right individual.
What To Do Next:
If you're interested in the role, click apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV. One of our consultants will be in touch. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to combe back to everybody. If you are in a role at the moment, and this role appeals to you or you simply want to see what is out there, then call 07500 115605.
Sounds Interesting But I'm Not Really Looking:
In the current market, good people can often improve their current situation. Having a chat with one of our consultants will allow us to see what we can do for you, on a no commitment basis. Give us a call on 020 7002 7930 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time that is good for you. If you decide after our conversation that you are happy where you are, then we absolutely understand.
Give us a call on 0207 002 7878 or drop an email to email@example.com and we can arrange a time that is good for you. If you decide after our conversation that you are happy where you are, then we absolutely understand.