Install Manager (Remote)
Install Manager (Remote)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000/annum
Title: Install Manager (Remote)
An exciting opportunity for the role of Install Manager has presented itself for a market leading installer of high spec kitchens into the residential new build market. The installation is predominately of all “white goods” which will include plumbing, electrical and gas management as well as décor install.
They have over 30 years expert industry experience and boast a rich client base which includes the likes of; National House builders such as Barratt Homes, Taylor Wimpey and Spitfire Homes.
Our client is very much focused on “their people”, they put a huge emphasis around their support for mental health and well-being of their staff. Their management team are big advocates of this particular culture / ethos.
To ensure the operational fulfilment of the regional installation service through the line management and supervision of the installation team. The install team is based in Taunton and Birmingham respectively. As the Install Manager you’ll be expected to work remotely for 2 days and 3 days visiting sites to exercise control of the operational adherence to both consistent installation quality and compliance, and the site relationship between our client and its customers.
- To successfully organise, train, lead and manage your Field based Installation Team.
- Identifying resource requirements over a 12-month rolling period, recruiting where necessary.
- To ensure work is completed to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Ensuring that the in-house installation guide is kept up to date with current practices and implemented with the installation teams as a working document.
- Set appropriate KPI targets for your team ensuring that these are regularly and actively reviewed to achieve continuous improvement / best practice.
- Arrange regular team meetings to promote company updates, training, and best practice with regard to Health & Safety, Compliance, and Quality.
- Ensure that site visits are prioritised and that key customers installations are reviewed.
- Regular auditing to be carried out in line with specific guidelines and where customers complaints have been received.
- To provide a point of escalation for colleagues and customers, representing the Installation Team in various forums.
- To provide support for the Operations Director, Senior Installation Manager and Project Management Team.
- Flexibility with hours to “get the job done” and carry out other tasks as and when required.
This role will suit a professional that possesses the following Skill Set/Experience
- Experience of line managing teams remotely.
- Proven ability to organise people, ensure all activities are completed and deadlines met.
- Ability to coach and train the team to improve performance and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to achieve mutual benefit for the company and its internal and external customers.
- Stays calm in the face of pressure – ability to review a situation and act decisively.
- Credible to build trust and respect, to set an example to direct reports, colleagues, customers and contractors.
- Good attention to detail needed to pick up on issues which could have a more significant impact.
- Ability to organise own workload
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience of on-site activities/processes within the building industry.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety standards.
- Holder of CSCS card at Supervisor level preferable.
- Driving License essential.
- Gas Safe / Part P qualifications preferable but not essential
£4,500 Car Allowance + Benefits
Give us a call on 02070027878 or drop an email to email@example.com and we can arrange a time that is good for you. If you decide after our conversation that you are happy where you are, then we absolutely understand.